Saturday, October 28, 2006

I sewed today

I got to sew today! Nancy mentioned a website on her blog several months ago... www.peachquilting.com. I HAD to check it out and found this Log Cabin Wreath pattern. The only fabrics I bought were the 2 outer borders. The rest came from stash. I am going to add some buttons as ornaments and a large gold wreath once I get it completed. I got the top pieced today and now I need to go upstairs and see if I have something large enough to back it. I don't have many large pieces in stash, so completion may have to wait. I felt great to do just what I wanted to do today. Tomorrow will be for housework and laundry. Today was for me. I will post again when I get it completed. Now to go pick up my mess from today.

13 comments:

Cher said...

hurray for giving yourself a quilty day! it looks great too.

Nancy said...

Good for you taking a play day for yourself! I love your wreath. And how about I send you some of Mama's buttons for your wreath? I promise I'll get a package in the mail Monday with your pattern and the buttons. Oh and the stand for the clover iron I gave you. Love you.

Sweet P said...

Your wreath is adorable. It's fun to give yourself a quilty day. And to use Mama's buttons on the wreath will be perfect.

Sweet P said...

Your wreath is adorable. It's fun to give yourself a quilty day. And to use Mama's buttons on the wreath will be perfect.

Pam said...

Isn't it nice to take that first step back into what you love doing?? And a small project might be just the thing you need to get you back full swing! I have a logcabin wreath wallhanging very similar.

Hedgehog said...

Looks like a great day's work!

Eileen said...

Don't you feel good-you need to do things for yourself sometimes. It's good for the soul.
If you have some fabric in Christmassy colors, why don't you piece the back? I'm assuming it's a wallhanging, right?

Susan H. said...

Yes it is a wall hanging. I have some Christmas Prints bought many years ago by Nancy to make me a fat quarter vest. Maybe it's time to use them....

Nancy said...

I think by now you're probably never going to make the vest so I'd go ahead and use them for your back. Better used there and not have to purchase anything than sitting in the stash for another 10 years.

Kim West said...

I am so glad you liked the pattern!!
It looks great!!

bingo~bonnie said...

I have missed your updates! I have been by every week looking for something new. I can understand how busy you have been with your daughter and her pagents. Congrats to Ashley! :c)

I love the log cabin quilt you completed. That boarder fabric is georgous - the perfect touch! ~Bonnie

Linda C said...

Very nice! Time just for you after all the running with the Beauty Queen etc.

Silverthimble said...

Thanks for the post. I have printed out the directions for the wreath quilt and plan to make one myself.