Friday, December 01, 2006

I Won!

Somehow in the madness of the last month, I managed to participate in the November 2006 Quilter's Mall Crawl. I WON a gift certificate. Now, here's the strange part..... I won the certificate from Stitch-N-Frame in Vicksburg, MS. Now I have visitied this quilt shop in the past with my mother and sister. Nancy, remember us looking for "sky" fabrics???? Well, on my way home from the funeral Monday, I decided to stop and stretch my legs in Vicksburg. Guess where? That's right - at Stitch-N-Frame. I purchased the red border and backing fabric for my redwork pattern I am working on now. I also purchased a KIT. A young lady that works for me recently got married. She wants a wedding ring wall hanging for her living room. Now, I am not one to want to sew curves, or tiny scraps of fabric together, but they had a laser cut iron on pattern. I have got the pattern ironed to the background and purchased the backing for it last night. I think I will try to finish it this weekend since her 6 month anniversary is Sunday.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers when we lost Dad. It is great to have friends like all of you. This passing has been harder than mom's, even though she was a great friend as well as mother. I guess it is just the finality of losing the last parent. Makes you a little crazy. Someone at work commented the other day how much they missed me while I was gone and I kinda snapped and told her, "guess it's good I have no more parents to bury". I've felt bad about that since I said it. Think I better get my hormones refilled tomorrow. I've been snapping at everyone.

Home alone tonight. Gonna just chill and sew all day tomorrow! Waiting for pizza delivery now.

8 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful. I love that shop online, and I have a friend who visits in person. In fact, she may buy a Gammill there. She just has to figure out where to put it. =)

Sweet P said...

What a pleasant stop to make. Don't be too hard on yourself for being snappy right now. You've had a lot of stress recently. I hope getting your hormones refilled helps you.

Nancy said...

Congratulations! Yes I do remember that trip very well. Still have some of those "sky" fabrics. I haven't been there in years - Vicksburg's about 25 miles out of my way when I travel home - but I have bought from them online.

I took Mon-Wed off this week so I could sleep off my snapishness. Of course I'm paying for it now by having to work this weekend. First of the month with all it entails, payroll next week AND gonna be out of town Mon/Tues for training. But it was worth it to have a few quiet days to myself. Get your hormones refilled and buy your co-worker a small bunch of flowers. It'll make you feel better. :-)

Patti said...

I'm sure your friend at work will forgive you. You are going through a grieving period, and everyone grieves differently. I know if she thinks it through she will understand.

I won't presume to say I know how you feel - I don't. I just remember how I felt at the memorial service for my sister. Her death at 45 from a brain tumor left me all alone as far as my "growing up family" was concerned. And that's how I felt - terribly along - which was hard to understand with my dear husband and children around me.

Gail said...

I think the pizza would do more for me than the hormones! LOL But be gentler with yourself, you and Nancy have been through some heartwrenching times, it will take a while. Extend the same kindness and understanding to yourselves as you would to someone else.

Vicky said...

Susan, I felt the same way after Mom died. (Dad had passed ten years before.) I was just totally dazed for months afterwards.

You and Nancy are both in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there, sweetie. It will get better.

(Hugs)

Anonymous said...

Susan, it would be understandable about your feeling a little snappish---you probably have made your apologies to the co-worker by now so stop beating yourself up. Talk about a series of ups and downs lately!

Shelina said...

You are going through the grieving process, and I'm sure that your friends will understand if you are a bit irritable. Take care of yourself.
Congratulations on winning the gift certificate.