Sunday, January 21, 2007

Help

I decided to play with my template. I haven't touched it since I updated Blogger and when I updated to template to start playing, I have lost my Stash Quilts link. How do I get it back?

Not much quilty going on here, although I am still working on a 18x18 inch Wholecloth wall hanging. Currently watching the Saints game. Not looking good right now for Super Bowl. Hope things turn around. Sorry, Bears fans, it really is our turn. But, really, may the best team win.


We are 10 days from Queen of Queens. Told the princess, she either had to come home every night this week to get ready, or she could give up her weekend next weekend - oh no, not TWO weekends in a row without the boyfriend - to get ready. I will really be glad when this one is over. This is what her "Queen Cards" look like. I'm not wild about the border, but this is what she designed this time. These are her business cards that she swaps with other queens when she travels. We choose not to have her demographic information printed on the fronts - she also uses them with friends. So I purchase clear address labels, and print her address, phone numbers and email address on them. We only stick them on the ones she uses for the queens. I also had an 11"x14" print made of this picture - no borders or wording - to frame and hand in her room. We will also use it on her scrapbook table next year when she gives up her crown.

This pageant has really been an eye-opener for me. I have had to scrap and beg for any information about what we needed to do, what our financial responsibilities were, etc. She is representing the Lions Club, but we have all the financial responsibility other than the cost of her hotel room for 3 days - but we have to pay for that and get reimbursed. We do ALL the work trying to get THEM a Queen of Queens and they even wanted us to pay for the tickets to watch her compete at $50 each! Her director has answers for nothing. I have to say we were warned the night she won her crown by the previous queen. But if I were the director, I would have all the answers the queen and her mom needed. If I didn't, I'd be getting the answers. I have lost a lot of respect for her director. Guess I am having pre-pageant nerves. Ashley is cool as a cucumber!

Gotta get back to laundry. I anyone can help me fix my page, please comment or email me.

Thanks, ladies.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

What do you mean, "let the best team win!" I have a dozen FQs on the line on this game!!!!! GO SAINTS!

And sorry I can't help with the stash quilts code. I haven't messed with my template yet so I'm not sure how others have gotten it back when they lost it.

Good luck to Princess.

Laurie Ann said...

We'll be waiting with baited breath to hear how the pageant goes. Sounds like a lot of work, but I am sure she'll have great memories from it.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Glad you've surfaced Susan. Wish her all the luck from all of us out here in blogland!

bingo~bonnie said...

hey I saw a commercial on CNN the other night that they are gonna show a program called "Padgent School" this Friday night at 9/8pm. I thought of you and Ashley ;)

Also heard them advertize the 29th Miss America Padgent but didn't catch the day and time. ~Bonnie