Saturday, April 28, 2007

I'm Back

I have been in a blue funk for the last few months. I have not even thought about pulling out the sewing machine. I, however have participated in the Shop Hop in March and April and in March fell in love with this Block of the Month at Homestead Hearth call Windy Day. I enrolled in my first ever Block of the Month program. I decided I could MAYBE manage to get one block a month done without feeling overwhelmed by an entire project all at one time like this one... I have "drawn" the lines on the last 86 squares to sew to the red and green squares and cut apart. Then I can finish this top.

This is the block of the month I will be working on. Nancy, I'm counting on you to harass me for pictures of my progress monthly!!!! I would try to direct you to the picture on the website, but the BOM is sold out, so is no longer featured on the site.





These are the fabric for the center square. the ones on the left are the center pinwheel, the ones on the right are the small pinwheels around it. I LOVE these colors.

Gotta go... back to the sewing machine.

6 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Goodness woman, your blue funk must have been stubborn! I've been missing you.

Hey, ask Nancy how good I am about harassing!!!

I'm glad to see you back, and I love, love, love this BOM, dang it all that it's sold out!

Marisa said...

Very nice use of colors. So soft and muted. I really like them and the pinwheels are adorable.

Nancy said...

Very pretty. I can see why you like this so much. The colors are very much you. :-)

Listen to Fitsy. She can be a REAL NAG! But in a nice way that motivates me to keep working on my sewing room. Which I did NO cleaning in this weekend. But I'll get back to it today.

I do know how that blue funk goes. I get them often. Try just making yourself do something quilty just 15 minutes each night. Just tell yourself, "I can do ANYTHING for just 15 minutes!" I've had to do this often as I REALLY don't feel like doing much most evenings. But I find if I just make myself go sit in the sewing room and sew just a few seems I'll usually end up working for awhile. And sometimes I just go sit in there for the 15 minutes and fold fabric or read a magazine or just sit there and look out the window and then go back to my recliner cause I truly don't feel like working on anything. But at least I made myself try and that will usually help with the depression.

And it IS depression you suffer from. I do to. After all it gallops thru our family! And I've found the 15 minute thing to help me get a lot of stuff done otherwise I'd just lay in my chair like a slug most of the time.

((((HUGS)))) to you!!!!

And email me (nancy@nancyquilts.com) cause I lost your email when I had my computer crash.

The Calico Cat said...

Holy cow that is a lot of pinwheels.

Linda C said...

Tons of pinwheels but the colors are wonderful on this quilt. Good to see you, Susan--been wondering what you were up to.

Mama Spark said...

I found you from Nancy's blog. I have to say I really love your BOM. I've participated in a few and they are in the UFO pile, but I hope to be working on them eventually.Laugh! I can't wait to see your progress.
~Pam
mamaspark@gmail.com