Thursday, September 07, 2006

Your Prayers are Appreciated

It's been a wild 2 weeks. A rushing trip to Mississippi to deal with a sick father, a surprise visit from my favorite sister (okay, okay, I know she's my ONLY sister, but she's still my favorite), wonderful retail therapy topped by a return home to the responsiblities of wife, mother and JOB. I haven't had time to visit any of your blogs yet, but maybe this weekend (I'm on cal this weekend, so I don't know what that will bring). I have gotten home late every night since I got home. The day I got home, I logged in only long enough to read Nancy's blogs from while I was gone. It was torture being away from the internet for 8 days. Reading the comments on Nancy's blog and all your well wishes and prayers when I returned really lifted the load I was feeling. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are a wonderfully, special group of friends.

Nancy spoke of the old family quilts we retrieved from Mama's while we were there. I will get pictures this weekend and post the one I brought home with me. Not much quilty going on here right now, but Nancy and I have a special project we are working on that we will share when it is completed. Nancy, I should complete mine this weekend. Almost done with the leaves, then only the words to complete. Then the borders. LADIES, when this is completed and posted, I will be asking for help with suggestions for quilting. That's all I'll say about that right now.

Gonna try to catch a couple of sites before I have to turn into a pumpkin. This household gets started about 5:15 am, so I can't be up too late. I have to have my beauty sleep.

8 comments:

Vicky said...

Welcome home, Susan. I've clicked on your blog a hundred times. LOL

Can't wait to see the quilt you got from Mom's. I'm sure it's another beauty!

(Hugs)

Pam said...

Nice to know you are home safely. Rest up and ease back into life.

Sweet P said...

Welcome home Susan. Another project with your sister? Mmmmmm . . . . I can't wait to see it. I still wish I had a sister I could share quilting with.

Gail said...

Welcome back, Susan. I hope you take a short while to catch yor breath before jumping back into everything, I'm sure you and Nancy both need a little R&R after the past few weeks.

Nancy said...

I was so pleased to see a post from you when I logged on this morning. :-)

I'll be finished with my top this weekend also. I took mine to bee this week and also worked on it at the dr. office yesterday so I'm a bit further along than you. Just have 2 rows of words left. Then it's on to the other project we started last weekend. LOL!

Linda C said...

Good to have you back, Susan. Trip was necessary, of course and I do hope that your dad is comfortable. With hospice following him you both must feel better about his treatment plan.

Sounds like you and Nancy are up to something good--we will be back since our curiosity is piqued.

Shelina said...

Welcome back and enjoy your beauty rest.

Cynthia said...

welcome back Susan.
Look forward to seeing the quilt that you and Nancy are working on together.