Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Senior A Last






Last night was Ring Night at the Princess' school. The seniors left yesterday morning after picking up their caps and gowns and the Juniors/now reigning Seniors got their class rings. The program was nice, the kids looked great and were SOOOOO excited. Hubby and I went out to eat afterwards with the boyfriend and his parents. All in all a great night, even though I missed American Idol last night. I really think the school should have done better planning.
I have worked on some quilty things, just no pictures yet. I'll be home alone this weekend, so should be able to get some sewing done and pictures posted. I worked Saturday cleaning my sewing/spare bedroom. I can actually get to the desk I sew on. I cleaned up about 50 quilt magazines, keeping the patterns that interested me, and trashing the rest. I have 4 binders with the patterns in sheet protectors. One has Children's/Baby quilt patterns, one Lap sized and wall hanging, one has bed sized quilts (of course, separated by twin, double, queen and king!) and one for miscellaneous instructional materials including quilting motifs.
I got the last of the HST sewn into squares for the borders on the last quilt posted and have 1/2 of the trimmed and ready to construct the last 40 blocks. I was going to just put on the black paisley border, but think I am going to add a narrow solid black to transition to it.
I am now a proud member of the Quilting 4 Pleasure ring. I thought long and hard about reestablishing my membership in the Stash Quilts ring, but to be honest, I really don't have a stash. I rarely make scrap quilts. I am too anal for that. I really like order in my life so "matchy" quilts please me. And I quilt for my pleasure, and mostly in colors that please me, so the Quilting 4 Pleasure ring seemed to fit me better. I'll still be visiting with many of those special ladies as many of them are on my bloglines.
I received my package from my sister today. I have not allowed myself to open it yet. That will be my joy on Saturday morning when I get ready to begin Bailey's quilt. Only one more day to wait.
Dinner time. Gonna try to finish a run around the ring after dinner.

5 comments:

SuBee said...

You have incredible restraint - If I had your sister and got a package from her in the mail, it would be ripped open before it got to the house!!

Nancy said...

Glad to hear you got the package so quickly. I'll be waiting for pictures this weekend. I forgot to put a note in the package not that I'm sure I could have crammed one in as full as I packed that box. Better stand back as you cut the tape cause it just might spring open on you. LOL! Anyway the letters are all 4-1/2" (4" finisheed) tall but varying widths. I dropped in the leftover background strips I had cut so you can use them to border the letters to whatever size you want them to end up. And I added the leftove background fabric if you want to use some elsewhere in the quilt to help tie things together. And I sent a whole bunch of scraps. Gotta do my part to try to make you work with my beloved scraps. :-)

I see you've been doing some playing with your template. Every time I come visit it seems like you've changed it. :-) And good for you joining the Q4P ring. Yes it is a better fit for you just like the Stash Quilts is a better fit for me.

Rhonda said...

Seeing the "ring" photo brought back a memory from my high school years. When I graduated, I took a pic of the rising sun & wrote a caption: A beginning. I often looked at the pict. throughout my working years. It was a beginning. Now I'm retired but not ready to snap the setting sun...to much sewing to. Have fun sewing!

Linda C said...

We can still keep up with you, Susan, thanks to things like bloglines or IE, Sage feed updaters. As you said, switching to another ring will probably fit the description of your style better. It has been months and months since I clicked through---and I bet I am not the ONLY one.

Jenni said...

Stuff the stashbusting I say - I want MORE fabric!