Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Officially OLD Now

Guess you all know by now, I am officially half a century old! I have nothing really quilty to report. I have been busy for the last week splitting my time between work and playing pageant mom. She brought home Miss Congeniality and 4th runner up. Not bad for her 2nd "Miss" Pageant.

I did find time to load my birthday present from Nancy, but really haven't had time to play. Hopefully, I will get to this weekend. A friend at work gave me the Better Home and Gardens 501 Quilt Blocks for my birthday. Now I really have lots to look at before I go to sleep. Think I'll have to do a sampler soon. May even tackle some hand applique after I finish my blocks for the Fons and Porter Challenge. I hope to work on it this week. Not off to a great start - I haven't gotten home early enough to do much more than eat and go to sleep. School started yesterday, so I am back to getting up at 5:30 am to get the princess off to school (although the last 2 days she has beat me and been up at 5:00 - I refuse to get up any earlier - maybe she's finally growing up????)

Hopefully, I will have some quilty pictures to post in a day or so. I'm going to try to make the rounds of the ring now. I really haven't had time to do more that visit a couple and haven't even left comments. Please forgive me, I know how much I appreciate and look forward to comments. I will do better.

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Happy birthday!!! Reading quilt books before bedtime makes for great dreaming.

Melanie

Susan said...

Probably she's just excited about the beginning. Things will get back to normal in a week or so. 5:30! Ugh!

Saska said...

Happy Birthday! That particular book is a lot of fun to look at. You'll enjoy it when you have time, and will come back to it over and over again.

Glad you have a sister to share your fun. Mine could care less!

Cher said...

happy belated birthday! ugh, getting up and getting children off to school- so happy that is far behind me now

Cynthia said...

happy birthday Susan. I also have that book. Hope you get a lot of use out of it.

Laurie Ann said...

Happy birthday!!

Granny said...

Happy Birthday! Making it to half a century is a lot to report! :)

Judy L.

SuBee said...

Happy Birthday, and welcome to the Red Hatters!! The best thing about 50+ is that soon, very soon you won't believe how soon, there won't be anyone to get out the door except yourself. Enjoy!!

Samantha said...

happy birthday! enjoy those great gifts!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday. You are a 25 year-old woman the second time around.
Enjoy your 501 quilt blocks book - I refer to mine often - and dream about the quilts to make.

Melzie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :) 50 is very young enjoy it! ;) XOXO melzie

Pam said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Susan
Nancy will be 50 too.

Sorry...that is the best I got right now!