Thursday, June 14, 2007

I have SINNED

Nancy, it is all your fault! Looking at all the gorgeous fabrics you have gotten lately, made me hungry. Now, you know when I get TOO hungry I tend to overeat. Other than occasional fat quarters, I don't buy fabric just to buy. I have just left one of your favorite shops, Thousands of Bolts, and have ordered 8 1 yard fabrics in bright green, yellow and blue. I can't wait to get them in my hands. I promise a post as soon at they are in. They are SO far from the colors that I have been drawn to for several years, I cannot wait to see what they turn into. I will have to pull the pattern books out and see what they will create.

Now, I have to try to be good on Saturday. My favorite LQS is having a 40% off sale Saturday morning from 10am to 1 pm. AND serving ice cream sundaes. How much better can it get than that????? And it's 2 for 1 fat quarter Saturday. Add all that together and it makes it worth my while to drive 50 miles one way to go. I'm on call, but got one of my coworkers to cover for me Saturday so I can go (I covered for her Jazz Fest Weekend, so it's payback time for her). Thank goodness, Saturday is only one more day away!!!

Gotta go to bed. I'm on Cheer MOM duty in the morning. The cheerleaders have been teaching a miniclinic for younger girls and I have to volunteer tomorrow at camp. It was fun last year. Soon as that is over, I have to find a fast internet connection and get some billing out by noon for end of month. Then I am going to spend the afternoon with the Princess, before we have to be back at school for the final performance after camp.

Hubby is leaving to visit his Father (he's 92) for Father's day on Saturday morning. That gives me the weekend free and I am going to quilt the top I completed last weekend. Thanks for all the suggestions. I am definitely going to do a cross hatch. I haven't decided yet if it is going to be straight lines or curvy lines. I guess we'll see how it ends up....

See ya'll Saturday with pictures of my day's purchases.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

OH dear! Didn't I TELL you when you first started quilting to NOT follow your baby sister's lead and buy indiscriminately? Didn't I? I know I've not been the best example but I WAS trying to save you from developing my bad habits. SIGH!!!!!

WOW! Blue, yellow and green! NOT a color combo I'd have ever thought you'd pick! Can't wait to see what you come up with. And dare I confess I've been drawn to your browns lately? AND that I've been thinking about doing something with the 30s stuff you sent me for the challenge we never did? I wonder who's having the worst influence on the other. Or are we both being drawn to try it all before we die? Heck as long as we're having fun who cares. LOL!

Can't wait to see what you come home with Saturday. Enjoy your day.

JoAnna said...

I feel slightly responsible. This is a very contageous thing that's going on here...

Your shopping trip sounds delightful! It will be lots of fun to see what you get! And then you can pass this fabric buying bug on to the next blogger!

tami said...

The ice cream sundaes alone would probably get me to the quilt shop, but add in a SALE and if I was closer I would be right there with you.

Mary Johnson said...

I bought some fabric on sale at Quilt in a Day yesterday too. I'm running out of longer pieces for borders and sashing at at $3 a yard I couldn't resist.

Of course I could just piece more borders.....

QuiltingFitzy said...

"Do as I say, not as I do!"

You two crack me up. Give it a rest Susan, be kind to yourself. Your sick with quiltpox.

Cher said...

looking forward to seeing this gorgeous sounding new fabric!

~Niki~ said...

Just poppin by to say HI :) I enjoy reading your blog.