Saturday, June 16, 2007

My Fun Saturday




What a great day! I drove the 50 miles to Baton Rouge to The Quilt Corner for their 3 hours sale. It was a madhouse - people everywhere! Yards and yards and even BOLTS of fabric going out the store. I don't know if Judy is going to treat us as well anytime soon. She was looking pretty frazzled at 11:30 when I got there and ragged when I left at 12:30. These pictures are not very good, I'll try for better pictures and lighting when the one on the left gets constructed - probably next weekend. The top yardage is the backing, the other orange is the binding - both 40% off. The other 12 fabrics were fat quarters - bought BOGO. The orange with blue and purple hearts was the jumping point for all the other fabrics. They all may stay, or if there are some upstairs that fit better, the others will go to stash.
The fat quarters on the right - also bought BOGO - are going to go in a Bento Box that is birthing in my mind. It is going to be black/brown and beiges. MAYBE, a touch of red, but I haven't decided.
The great thing about a gathering of quilters like this is the visiting. Nancy, I thought of you when talking to this older lady. She has 3 machines, each with their own WOP. When she gets bored with one, she move on to another machine. What a GREAT idea.
I have the table cleared to begin quilting the top from last weekend. If I don't start soon, I won't get done this weekend and some of these others are going to have me pulling out the cutting mat and rulers instead. Must stay focused.......

5 comments:

Nancy said...

OH MY GOD! You bought ORANGE!!!!! I was pretty sure that was a color I'd NEVER see in your stash. Mine, yes, but not yours. Can't get much further from black/brown/tan than that. YOU GO GIRL! Gosh if you're gonna be working with my brights I guess next thing you're gonna expect me to work with your darks, huh? You never know.......

Now before you get distracted by all those pretties get last week's quilt finished. Believe me I know so well the temptations of new fabric - got a load of it calling my name right now. But knowing you you'll never be able to hop from project to project without feeling guilty about not finishing anything. Unlike your baby sister. LOL! But then you bought ORANGE so maybe there's hope for you yet. :-)

Gail said...

Focus??Focus??, I don't believe I know that word....just go for it! Listen to Nancy, forget the rules and enjoy yourself.

Sue said...

What great colors! Have a great time playing with your new fabric.

Pam said...

Sounds like a great sale. Even though the picture is quite fuzzy it looks like a great/colourful quilt. Now the question - What is a wop?

Cher said...

love the branching out in colors and all the lovely energy you are showing for new projects!