Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My New Fabrics

Nothing quilty going on in this house for the past week. Work was horrendous, and my normally dull social life got busy. Brent and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary last Thursday. On Friday, we attended the 25th wedding anniversary party of friends at a very upscale restaurant in the French Quarter overlooking Jackson Square. On Saturday, we got up, packed a small bag and headed to the camp to fish and try out our new boat. The fishing was great, the quiet and solitude even better. The motor on the boat is headed back to the mechanic, but the trip was successful. We found out the problems with the boat, without getting stranded. We brought home 4 redfish, 10 speckled trout and 4 dozen crabs. So needless to say, we have been eating fresh seafood since Sunday night!

These are the fabrics from my shopping spree week before last at Thousands of Bolts. I have to say the colors were just as I imagined. You never quite know when shopping online, looking at pictures. I have a yard of each, and haven't quite decided what they are going to become, but they well be used together. Quite a change from the browns, beiges and blacks that have attracted me for the past several years.

This weekend I hope to get the rows of the last batch assembled. The rows are completed, I just have to lay them out in the order they are going, and stitch them together. Then I will have 2 tops ready to quilt. The following weekend, I'll be headed north to attend my younger brother's wedding and spend some time with my baby sister - YEAH! We don't get to spend nearly enough face-to-face time with each other. We mostly keep in touch through our blogs, with the RARE phone call. We both spend so much time on the phone at work, that we don't like to talk on one at home. So our calls are special time spend together.

Gotta go back to work. Have to get ahead, so I can take time off next week and not be terribly behind. See ya'll later. Hopefully, with more pictures this weekend.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

OOH! YUMMY!!! And I have a few pieces that will be PERFECT to go with them. So don't do any cutting until we see each other next week.

Shelina said...

Happy Anniversary1 I just love that beautiful bunch of fabric you have assorted there. It is going to be a beautiful quilt!

Mary Johnson said...

Those are really pretty - what are you going to make with them?

Linda C said...

Happy Anniversary a bit late, Susan!

Is Nancy rubbing off on you--those look colors you might find in one of her quilts! I see she said she has something that would with them.

When I was back visiting my family my mom had pulled all the greens, golds and yellows to cut out a quilt from a book I had brought with me to show her. These would fit right in!!

Cher said...

yummy looking fabrics all right! sounds like life has had some fun times-how great to be able to look forward to seeing Nancy!

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love.love.love fishing. I think it's the quietness and solitude, followed up by the trill of catching dinner!

Can't wait to see what happens with these fabrics.

Quilt crazy said...

Love those fabrics! So tempting!

Beertje Zonn said...

Hello,

I like your new fabricks too!
Regards,

Sonnja from the Netherlands

Jenni said...

There is nothing like a little fabric buying - I have just sinned online at Fabric shack