Monday, July 24, 2006

Teaser - Part 2

Okay here is a picture of four rows of the center of the quilt. The fabric on the left is the inner border and the one on the right will be the outer border. Just can't get away from the black. It really does have all the other colors in it and I just had to have my bit of black.

Nancy, you may recognize some of the fabrics on this side of the Cotton Theory Table Runner from class last week. I believe some of them have lived at your house for YEARS.......... and some of them probably lived at Mama's longer than that.


This is actually the front side. It was made from fabrics that did not make the final cut for the Quirtain. It will match my Black and White dishes for everyday use.

All I have left to do is decide on the fabrics for the binding and manufacture that. Still thinking on that one. I may choose fabrics that are in the runner or decide on totally different fabrics. Figured I'd think on that one till this weekend. I may set it on my desk and put a different fabric on it each day to see what speaks to me loudest.

On a different note, this is the crown my daughter Ashely will compete for at state if she wins the local Sugar Queen Pageant in 3 weeks. She has already claimed it as hers.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I like what you have so far. And I have to ask you where did you get that black you're using for the border? I really like that one. But then of course I do, it's black. LOL! We might not have a whole lot in common when it comes to our taste in fabrics but we both do like our black.

Yes I do recognize at least a few of those fabrics. So glad they found a new home who appreciates them more than I did.

Tell Princess I'll be rooting for her to win that crown. It sure is a beauty.

Linda C said...

Susan, Nancy said that she had finally convinced you to try blogging where the rest of us could read about your quilt and life events.

I can see where your cat quilt would be a big hit with your sis. I have the pattern and keep thinking that they would be a good one for my twin nieces since I have the dog one too.

I'll be back!

Susan H. said...

Nancy, since I wasn't sure how my first foray into "design" would go, didn't want to use expensive fabrics. ALL the fabrics came from the local Wal-mart.