Sunday, July 30, 2006

Progress Reports

I am thrilled to be a member of the Stash Quilts Ring. I haven't posted since I found out Friday night, because I thought I should have somthing new and quilty to post for my first members post. I sewed all day yesterday and most of the morning today. This is what I have accomplished this weekend....


This is the center of the quilt I have been working on. I have most of the blocks pieced for the sides. Only 40 more to go until all is ready to be put together. I am really pleased with the progress so far. Think I did okay, I didn't lose too many points.







The princess has had her nose out of whack because I quit working on her quilt. So I decided today to work on it. I have 4 of 12 rows completed and assembled. I have the remainder of the midtone rows completed, only have 4 more light rows to complete and then borders. It is HUGE. It is going to end up "bedspread" sized for her queen bed. It is draped over the end of our queen sized bed now. I'm liking it again now that I have several rows assembled and can really see what it is going to look like.


My husband had an accident at work a month ago. A 7" grinder got away from him, and tore his left arm up. He had several tendons severed. His splint came off Wednesday. He likes to cook on Sundays, so guess who has to be his left hand these days??? He is starting ribs and sausage on the grill and is getting ready to make barbequed shrimp. I am going to make Crawfish Etoufee for my daughter as soon as the crawfish tails finish defrosting. I guess I am done sewing for today. Gotta play helpmate the rest of the day. I'll try to make the rounds of the ring this afternoon.

18 comments:

Nancy said...

That quilt your working on is coming out very nice. But Ashley's is going to be spectacular when you finish it. When I saw the pieces/parts it didn't hit me how really cool this was going to be when finished.

Making myself work on something that I have no enthusiasm for and then seeing progress often gets me raring to get it finished. I'm currently working on a very old UFO and am really likeing how it's coming out. AND wondering why I put it aside for so many years!

If I leave right now I can be there about midnight. Save some of them ribs and shrimp for me!

ForestJane said...

Ribs and sausage and shrimp? Yum!

Where is it that you live again? I'm on my way, right behind Nancy ... :D

I'm at the pieced border stage of my current quilt-in-progress too. I look forward to seeing yours when it's done!

Silverthimble said...

Welcome to Stash Quilts! Be sure to keep us posted on both those quilts. They both look very interesting.

Susan said...

Welcome, welcome! Your husband's injury sounds horrible! Everything's going to be okay?

The top quilt is the pattern of the first quilt I ever bought. I was in NYC and there was an antique camera store downstairs in a brownstone. They had a quilt hanging out on the railing, so my friend and I went in. In back, he had quilts, because when he went to estate sales for the camera equipment, he frequently came home with trunks which included quilts, too!

The quilt I bought that day was a red/white and blue Centennial quilt in this pattern, which I later learned had been called Bachelor's Puzzle at the time of the Centennial. It's just as lovely in the colors you have chosen.

Gail said...

Welcome to the group! Please keep us posted on these quilts, I especially like the one for your daughter. Hope hubby makes a quick recovery.

The Calico Cat said...

Nice quilts. (I jst saw the booklet for the red/white/cream quilt at my LQS yesterday.)

Bonnie said...

Both quilts are wonderful - I love your colors.

Laurie Ann said...

Welcome to the ring!!!

Mary Johnson said...

Welcome!

I also saw the pattern for the red/beige one recently. I like over-sized quilts personally - I hate struggling with one that is too small for the bed. Both my king size quilts are too small since I replaced my 10 year old mattress - they're making mattresses SO much bigger these days.

Vicky said...

I saw crawfish etouffee and flew up to see where you are! I know LaPlace very well! I suddenly got homesick all over again!

I'm sorry about your DH's accident. We've had a couple of grinder accidents at work, and they're nasty. Will send prayers your way that all heals well.

Your quilts are beautiful! Sometimes putting one away for a while renews our interest in it!

((HUGS))

SuBee said...

Wow that red/white/cream is luscious; who would've thunk it? Looks like ice cream with whipped cream and a cherry --

Cynthia said...

Have found your blog through the Stashbuster group. I'll be back to read your posts soon.
Lucky you on becoming a member of Stash Ring. I am hoping to join also.

Judith said...

I just love the quilt you are working on, will have to follow that one as it is progressing.

Linda C said...

very interesting projects--and how dare you not work on my quilt, mom! from the daughter? LOL

Etoufee? Any leftovers?

Cher said...

welcome to stash ring! Nancy mentioned you had your blog up...so I finally came over to check it out...great quilts!

Melanie said...

I love your quilts you are working on. Great fabric choices.
Melanie

Shelina said...

Welcome to the guild - and how sweet of you to make a quilt in our honor. Both of those quilts are really nice. The one for Ashley is so beautiful. I haven't seen anyting like it. You've been busy!

Tazzie said...

Welcome to the ring, you'll have fun! I love the quilts you're working on, keep us posted with pics ... super fun!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)